March 1, 2010

Well it's been a slow week for tatting, but I was finally able to complete round 6 0f 7 in my mom's doily! Just one more to go before the edging:-) I think it is coming along nicely, and hopefully I will be able to find time this week to finish it. That is if I can tear myself away from my new toy. My new pop-a-bobbin shuttle!





I absolutely LOVE this shuttle


I was one of a lucky few to purchase a pop-a-bobbin from Jane's Etsy store when they were first introduced, and I absolutely love it so far! When it arrived I was already in the middle of round 6 of my mom's doily, and simply couldn't wait to try it out, so I loaded my old faithful silent tatter and my new toy and started another project. I couldn't help myself! This is another of Iris' designs (Delia from Tatted Doilies) I am loving everything about this project...shuttle, thread (lizbeth size 20 Antique Violet), and design:-)

The pop-a-bobbin is a really nice shuttle to work with. It is similar in size to my silent tatter, but instead of the screw there is a bit of wood you simply pop in and out to remove the bobbin. There is also a neat little tool used to push out the wood plug, and hold the spool while you fill it with thread. It is a winner in my book and I would love to purchase more in the near future:-)

2 comments:

  1. That doily you are working on is beautiful! Lucky you for getting one of Sally's DH's shuttles! I would love one or two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment, and so pleased you are enjoying using the shuttle and now the weather is warmer hopefully production will increase!!!

    ReplyDelete